Using our proprietary platform, BBS Nanotechnology can rapidly generate preventive, therapeutic and/or diagnostic nanoparticles, which have been selected for optimal biological and pharmaceutical properties.
BBS platform harnesses the chemistry of natural biocompatible polymers, and allows them to self-assemble in a well-understood and highly controllable setting, enabling selection of targeting molecules and payloads with desired preventive, therapeutic and/or diagnostic characteristics.
Nanosystem generation is achieved through coupling self-assembled nanoparticles containing cancer therapeutics with molecules that recognize and bind to target cells. Self-assembly is the natural process by which positively and negatively charged biopolymers combine to generate stable particles of specific size and shape for encapsulating active compounds and diagnostics. By encapsulating and targeting drugs using the proprietary chemistry of the BBS platform, safer therapeutics and diagnostics can be rapidly evolved under controlled conditions
In our platform, each nanoparticle displays targeting molecules on the particle surface allowing internalization by target cells without release of active compounds or diagnostics into the patient’s bloodstream. The proprietary composition and methods of our platform allow either covalent or ionic attachment of both water soluble and insoluble cargo molecules for maximum flexibility. Any compounds and diagnostics can thus be delivered only to target cells.
Our nanosystem is comprised of polyglutamic or hyaluronic acid and chitosan, which are biocompatible polymers from natural sources including the human body itself, allowing simple, safe manufacture, stability and other desirable characteristics for the development of preventive, diagnostic and pharmaceutical agents.
Differentiating advantages of BBS nanosystem:
- Slight negative surface charge allows improved internalization by target cells
- Covalent linkages between drug, targeting moiety and nanoparticles prevent drug leakage and improve the biodistribution
- Well understood chemistry de-risks candidates early in development process
- Variety of functional groups allows attachment of different targeting molecules, active compounds and diagnostics
- Analytical control
- Comprehensive control of physicochemical parameters of the nanoparticles in well-equipped and continuosly upgraded analitical laboratories
- Biocompatible, biodegradable, FDA approved components
- Narrow particle size distribution allows the establishment of robust product release specifications
- Leverages natural process of self-assembly allowing lower cost of goods
- Incorporation of drug + diagnostic into same particle allows “dose painting” for individualized treatment